Top 5 Ways to Keep a Healthy Septic Tank in Marysville
We know, as homeowners, the list of home improvement projects can be daunting. That's why we created this list of tips to keep your septic tank happy and healthy all year round.
1. DON’T flush items such as napkins, baby wipes and other things that are not non-biodegradable.
2. DON’T pour oils, pesticides, paint and paint thinners, and other toxic substances down the drain.
3. DIVERT rainwater from roofs, driveways, and decks away from the drain field.
4. TURN OFF water in between washing dishes and brushing your teeth (BONUS: This will waste less water & save you money!).
5. ELIMINATE solid waste from entering your septic tank by not using a garbage disposal.
There you go! Five simple steps you can take to maintain a healthy septic tank. What helpful hints can you think of? Please feel free to share your thoughts with us in the comment section below.